Monday, June 24, 2013

No Pants Lunch

Sunday I was hungry around lunch time.

I didn't want to go the grocery because I didn't want to put on pants.

I didn't want to go pick something up because...you know, the pants thing.

I raided my fridge and pantry to see what I had on hand.

Here's what I found:
  • 7 sprigs of asparagus left out from a tilapia + veg dinner I'd made several nights prior
  • Half of a small bag of fettucini noodles
  • 1/4 jar of pesto from a previous pizza night
  • Half container of crumbled goat cheese because I'm fancy and buy goat cheese dammit

So I washed and chopped my asparagus. Threw that and the noodles into the same pot of salted boiling water. Heated up my pesto and goat cheese to melt it all together.


When the noodles and asparagus were done, I drained + threw them into the melty pesto goat cheese combo. Stirred it around. Added a little salt & pep and lemon juice.

Sprinkled some cilantro on top. What do you care?

You don't have to feel screwed if you realize you are hungry, don't have a meal planned for that day, and don't want to put on pants. TRUST ME. Just go be creative with whatever you have on hand.

Pants suck. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment