Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Avocado + Bacon Toast

As of late I've been extremely into simple dinners. I suppose even if I wasn't "into" them I'd be partaking in them because I seem to always be working these days. I still like to cook any night I have off, but I just haven't wanted to exert all of my energy in the kitchen. 

This avocado + bacon toast recipe is one I've been eating variations of for years now. Naturally I felt robbed when I saw it pinned from someone else's blog on pinterest, but after months of intensive psychotherapy I came around to the understanding that maybe I didn't invent the wheel. The wheel in this case, of course, being avocado toast. FUCK YES I DID. Nope. No I didn't. 

Step one is to get yourself a nice loaf of hearty multigrain bread. Also grab your serrated knife.


You'll know its good if the inside of the bread loaf looks like bird feeder was baked right in.

Cut some slices. NOW!

Oh yeah, throw some thick-cut bacon into a 375 degree oven.

Grab your olive oil, salt & pepper. Its important to note that for this recipe sea salt is best. Table salt is too salty. I don't know if thats true but invest in some sea salt. It looks like snow on your food and I can't stress enough how important that is.

Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on your bread slices. In a zig zag or you're a square.

Olive oil side down, grill them.

Lop your avocado in half. Sorry this picture looks like the damn sun is shining in your eyes. I don't have a grownup camera yet so I have to rely on my phone and God knows I can't NOT filter my photos. I mean I've got like 5 filter apps, so I'd be an idiot not to right? Again. SORRY THIS PICTURE IS SO BRIGHT.

Smash it up with a fork. 

Lime. Or the sun pt. 2. Who can tell the difference?

Flip your bread. Once its brown and crusty on both sides, pull it off. Duh.

Put some bacon on top!

Put your avocado on top, then squeeze some of that lime juice on it. Also a sprinky dinky of salt & pep.

This totally simple dinner is seriously right up my alley. I could eat this kind of thing every single night. Also morning. I am a huge fan of avocado in the am. Try it. Add whatever you want. Tomato slices on top would be so good. A fried egg if you're into that kinda thing. Make it your own.

BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment